This is an issue that is plaguing content creators around the world across all social media and platforms. Social media is full of scammer fake accounts. Scammers find creators with large followers and start downloading and copying their content. Then create an account with the same name as the original creator and even use their photos. Before my TikTok account was banned I had well over 120 fake clone scammer accounts that had been created. Scammers were copying my name, my profile photos and my videos and no matter how much I reported them, TikTok did nothing about it. ‘No Violation’ apparently! So TikTok doesn’t care about the obvious scammers creating fake accounts.
Understanding What Scammers Do
The danger with these scam accounts is not the fake accounts they have created as you find people don’t comment much on them. The danger is private messaging and commenting.
These scammers create cloned accounts and then go to the original creator’s comments section on their videos. They then began answering the creator’s followers’ comments, To the untrained eye these then look like the creator answering their questions. The reason people get caught out is because there is a level of trust from the followers in the creator otherwise they wouldn’t be following them, This trust is what the scammer takes advantage of.
They leave comments and start privately messaging them. This won’t catch everyone out, but they only need a small amount to not realise they are fake to profit from stealing hard-earned money.
Types of Scams
Their scams depend on the business or person they are copying and cloning. With card and palm readers on TikTok, they message people offering free readings etc. With forex traders, it could be auto traders with the promise of winning trades. Anyone discussing Crytpo or the Quantum financial system will be scams focused around crypto and wallets.
Types of crypto scams I’ve come across tend to revolve around telling people they can help them buy XRP or XLM or they are around tricking people into thinking they need to back their crypto up to keep it safe before the QFS is launched.
The Best Advice to Prevent Being Scammed
The best advice I can give you will cover all scams across social media and will help prevent anyone else from getting caught out no matter what the scam.
– Never ever do business with someone who contacts you via a private message on social media to do business with you. Or leaves a comment telling you to contact them and they will help you with making money.
– Just focus on following people that are teaching you how to do things instead. The best creators will teach you to do stuff, not do it for you.
– Only do business with businesses that advertise properly to get customers.
– If someone contacts you, search their name on the app and if there are multiple accounts just block them as it will be a scammer contacting you. Real content creators don’t have time to first contact message people.
Why these Tips will Help
To understand why these tips will work you need to understand the differences between a real business and a scam.
A Real Business
- A legit business does not contact people through social media and ask you to contact them.
- A real business doesn’t have the time to get clients through private messages on social media.
- A real business will create a website and advertise to get clients as they are trying to attract thousands of customers per day or millions.
- A real business will have a substantial website full of content and detail.
- A real business website will have the owner’s details, the history of the company, contact details, certifications, multiple pages and a solid menu system to navigate.
- Being registered with Apple Apps is a great addition as Apple registration is very strict.
- A real financial business will be registered with a financial authority like the FCA in the UK.
- A scammer will have a cloned account of someone else they don’t go by their own identity.
- You never see who the scammer is you will only receive messages or emails.
- They hide their real identity
- A Scammer contacts via private messages on social media.
- Scammers spend hours every day spamming out messages to people on social media because it’s a numbers game to them. They only need a few people a day to fall for a scam for them to make money.
- A scammer leaves comments on other creators’ accounts pretending to be them and when you click on them it will go to a different cloned account.
- Scammers have very basic websites they send you to. Usually, basic one-page websites look good but with very little information at all.
- Scammer websites have links that look like they go for more information but don’t go anywhere.
- Scammers websites use images of certifications to look legit but they aren’t clickable.
- Scam sites have fake reviews that are just images and not linked to anything or aren’t clickable.
- Scammers spend hours every day spamming out messages to people on social media because it’s a numbers game to them. They only need a few people a day to fall for a scam for that scammer to make money.
There are hundreds of scammers at it every day. There could even be whole teams of scammers working on one scam. We need to be vigilant and don’t get caught up in fear or excitement when someone contacts you offering anything.
Follow my golden rules above and it will keep you away from the opportunities scammers have to target you.
Once they steal your money they are gone and it is nearly impossible to get your money back. Scammers cover their tracks. They hide their true identities and hide behind fake names, fake profiles and fake accounts. They also hack real people’s accounts and scam people so that it looks like the owner of the account scammed them.
So if you learn to stay away from the too-good-to-be-true situations or the FOMO, fear of missing out situations, we won’t get scammed.
The only way to earn money or create a business is to learn how to do it yourself from others, There are no quick wins or systems that do it for you, no matter how good they sound or how much they offer it.
Let’s learn to spot scammers before they catch us unaware.
And most of all if you do get scammed please be very vocal about it so that everyone is made aware of it quickly before they catch more people out.
Hi, I’m the creator of this site. My aim is to help as many people as I can as we move from this corrupt modern slavery system to the New World of peace that is coming.
By clicking the media share buttons below you can help share this information to protect as many people as we can.
Proudly powered by WA